Saturday, May 9, 2009

Vatican Chaos

Monday, April 6, 2009

I decided to visit the Vatican on my first Monday in Rome.

Liz headed off to class, and I headed off to get lost. It took me a normally 20 minute walk, 60 minutes in order to find the treasured Pope's place.

When I saw the large dome of St. Peter's, my lost self perked up. Unfortunately, the two hour line to enter the basilica was not nearly as pleasing.

I decided to visit the Vatican on the Monday of Holy Week.

Thankfully, I made two friends in line. Theresa was a school teacher from Jersey traveling through Italy on her spring break with her high school friend working in Paris. They were truly lovely Vatican companions.

I didn't care for the Vatican's opulence. The ropes directed the crowds like cows to where they can pay their money to enter holy places. Is this how a place of God provides for his people? The Vatican did not represent my God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?