Saturday, May 9, 2009

Firenze

Tuesday, April 7 - Thursday, April 9, 2009

I hopped on a train to Firenze for a mere 16 euros from Tuesday through Thursday while Lizzie studied up for her wine exam back in Rome. I stayed at the best peer reviewed hostel in Europe - Plus. If you're ever in Florence, I pass on the recommendation.

I decided to go for a run my first morning. I am not a runner; 30 running minutes satisfies me. I ran for 2 hours. Again - SO SO LOST. This was an experience. Italians do not run outside, so a fair, freckled redhead in purple leggings running through their city called for a few looks. Thankfully, my limited Italian and the wealth of English-speaking Italians helped me find my way back to Plus. Running lost in Florence was one of my favorite experiences of the semester. I will never forget the unique rush of speaking broken Italian to English-less, elderly Florentine shop owners with endearing grins.

Since I booked my Florence trip spur of the moment, I had to change rooms every night at Plus. After my run, I checked out, but never closed the door to my room so I could return to shower.


Florentine highlights:
+panini!
+charming shopkeepers
+bike tour with Fadi, architecture professor and part time tour guide
+THE DAVID
+randomly meeting my new friend Jessica at Academia and again in our randomly shared hostel room






No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?