Friday, May 15, 2009

Move abroad. Cut out of your safety net. And liberate your mindset.

I find it difficult to recognize the ways in which I change and evolve.
BUT I have noticed one major change with myself from the beginning of the semester.
I came to Scotland confident, thinking I could do anything I wanted in the world.
I leave knowing I CAN do anything.

When I was stranded at Dublin Airport with all of my credit and debit cards frozen and no cash, I figured how to get safely to my hotel.
When I didn't think I could pull myself to the top of that cliff when rock climbing for the first time, I found a bit more muscle to drain and make it to the top.
When I didn't have one person in an entire country I could call a friend, I took risks and made friends I'd miss even if we'd never met.

I will bike across America.
I will go to culinary school in Paris.
I will abandon a secure paycheck and pursue my theatrical dreams.
I will create and live the life my 5 year old self dreamed of. No need for make believe and dress up. Reality's much better.







"For what it's worth it's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things that you've never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

-Benjamin Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?