Wednesday, April 28, 2010

so bloody embarrassing!

After my interview with Scott, I wandered around the VIP section. Press passes don't get you back there, but Scott did. There are really nice benefits to the VIP section - lots of famous musicians walking around all willing to give me a beautiful liner, plus free food & drink. The award for favorite VIP section benefit goes to . . . (drum roll) . . . FIRECRACKER POPSICLES. FREE FIRECRACKER POPSICLES. Did you not LIVE for these tasty summer treats as a kid? Lemme say, I was enthused.

So I walk behind all the stages headed to see some tunes with my icy indulgence, and Chris Bear of Grizzly Bear walks towards me. OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. IT'S CHRISTOPHER BEAR - JUST ABOUT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED DRUMMER IN THE WORLD. BUT on top of it all, Chris Bear was my 5th grade crush, driving my excitement even deeper. For those of you who don't know me, I play[ed] drums and Chris Bear gave me drum lessons every Tuesday in his basement. I was in 5th grade. He was a senior in high school. And he was beautifulllll. Still is. I barely spoke during those lessons I was so intimidated.

A huge smile meets his face and he waves with a giant, "heeey!" Could this day get any better? First, an interview with Scott Hutchison. Now, Chris Bear recognizes me!

"Hey, Chris! How are you?" I say cooly, whipping the firecracker out of my mouth. He asks all about my life - where I'm studying, what I'm studying, what shows I've seen. We chat, then part. AH! AH! AHHHHMAZINGGGG DAY!

As I'm coming down off of my Bear buzz, I notice an odd taste in my mouth. I taste around a bit. That's odd, my mouth tastes like blood. I look down at my beloved Firecracker to find a chunk of my lip attached to the little devil. Then, I notice that there's blood all over my mouth. And chin. And I just saw my former drum teacher turned favorite musician for the first time in ten years. SO BLOODY EMBARRASSING!





all this went down on sunday, july 19, 2009 - which is actually chris's birthday! edward told me the day before. oh gosh, i'm not a creep. i promise. kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?