Tuesday, April 27, 2010

pitchfork anticipation



I just purchased a Friday and Sunday ticket to Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago's very own Union Park. (I only remember the name of the park because of Union Station...) Really lusters, this festival is the lineup of my moment. Friday features the ever so stimulating (and very sexy I might add) Broken Social Scene. I hopped on the BSS bandwagon pretty late in the game. My friend, Maggie, brought me to one of their shows for free (Thanks, Mags) last last fall (2008). Brendan Canning wooed my eyes, and their magical jams wooed my ears. (I also fell in love with their opener - Land of Talk.) When I was in Scotland, my friend Eric gave me their entire collection including this one live set from Radio Aligre in Paris. That set - in addition to their entire collection - set my ears ablaze with an audiopassion more fiery than my red, red hair. Really. Get that set. It'll change your music soul.


Ok. Maybe Brendan's not your typical dream boat, but there's something about his aura. See him live. You'll think he's cute. And don't deny Kevin Drew is a babe too.

Sunday, now that's the real lineup gem. Both BEACH HOUSE AND LOCAL NATIVES play. Beach House fell on top of my music radar this semester after I interviewed a local artist - Ben Campbell - and all he could talk about was how he wanted to hear some Beach House. BUT the real gold of the weekend belongs to Local Natives. On a road trip to Brooklyn (I'll blog all about that sometime, I'm done promising soon), a friend played this LA-based band. We became so obsessed that we played the album on repeat for the majority of the 15 hour drive. There. And back. You're welcome, everyone else in the van.



So there it is - the anticipation that forced one hundred big ones outta my wallet. Will I see you there?




all this will go down friday, july 16 - sunday, july 18, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?