Tuesday, March 31, 2009

skye high

I knew Scotland was scenic, I had no idea that this country's beauty could force you to unknowingly hold your breathe and desire to stay locked staring at the landscape infinitely.

Needless to say, I enjoyed my tour of the highlands.

I missed my train and nearly missed the tour Friday morning, but my punctual travel companions held the bus down for 15 minutes as I ran from Waverly station in Edinburgh up to the Haggis office on the Royal Mile. Our tour guides, Fergie and Gill, taught us even myth, legend, and folk tale remotely related to the sights. I dipped my face in an arctic river for 10 seconds. I climbed a muddy mountain to drink water out of the stream at the top, ran down the mountain with a mouth filled with stream water, and finally swallowed at the foot of the mountain all for a wish. I ran knee deep into a frigid Loch Ness, screamed "I believe", and heard Nessie holler back. Day after day, I fall harder for Scotland and her magical history.


Breathtaking views at Isle of Skye



Water for Wishes



Summoning Nessie



No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?