Thursday, March 26, 2009

I love when style travels in pairs.

He walked up to my aisle as I waited for the Aer Lingus flight to Dublin to finally take off. As he read the seat numbers, I thought "please, please, please sit next to me." His tousled brown hair, strong jaw, and warm eyes combined the looks of Patrick Dempsey and Colin Firth, but he was handsomer than both. Then, I saw his shoes. Black Brogue Lace Ups. This had to be true love. He had a vintage saddlebag with beautiful worn leather and a deep green suede jacket. Disappointment collapsed on my hopeful eyes as he took his seat on the other side of the aisle.

Excitement overcame me once again as two tan brogue lace ups came into view. She had a vintage, blue-gray bowling bag-esque carry on, a high waisted black mini skirt, and a polka dotted blouse. The small diamond on her left hand confirmed my excitement. This was a high fashion couple, forever growing older and more stylish together.

When the two made an appearance with a pink and white stripped weekender duffle on my flight back to Glasgow, I couldn't help but hope that one day I will be the feminine of a high fashion couple.



images courtesy of The Sartorialist




No comments:

Post a Comment

what you lusting ova?